Today is Pye Day!!

I woke up this morning at 6 am super energized about making Pye's.  No matter how hard the work week is, no matter Covid, no matter how hard virtual schooling is, its so nice to get away and get busy making Pyes for all of you!!  

This time we are testing some new flavors which are Bollywood Beef, Buffalo Chicken, Samosa and Breakfast. Would love to hear from you all on what you think? 

Today I am writing about the Bollywood Beef Pye. 

So first of all the name - my sister is a producer/director in Bollywood which is the Hollywood of India.  I was raised in Mumbai which is the heartbeat of the film industry and have visited many production sets with her.  In addition my husband's family is also linked to the Mumbai film industry. So that's where the word "Bollywood" came from. 

I love the idea of having a Pye with ground meat (mince meat as we say in India).  This of course can come in the form of ground chicken, goat, lamb, beef or turkey.  I picked beef because during Covid, sourcing 100% Beef is the safest, easiest and also the yummiest.  In general this recipe uses the goodness of delicious Indian whole spices that are soooo good for you including Cinnamon Stick, Cardamom, Bay Leaf, Cloves and of course the amazing ground spices of Turmeric among others all packed into a delicious bite.  


Comments